Monday, June 15, 2009

Ride With Lavigne


Saturday the rain stopped long enough for a motorcycle ride. The occasion was that Steve Lavigne had come down from Maine to take possession Pete's old Honda Rune. Steve and I were a little bleary-eyed from the night before's activities so the original plan to ride to Rhinebeck, NY was scrapped in favor of a much less demanding route that kept us somewhat closer to home. In attendance were me, Pete, Eric and Steve. I think that this was Eric's first ride of any considerable distance.
Anyhow, we had a terrific ride- saw a bigfoot (see Pete's blog) which along with Eric's special diarrhoea joke were probably the highlights of the trip.
Here we are parked up atop Southern Vermont's Hogback Mountain.

4 comments:

  1. Aha! So when Peter Laird wrote "...and the fact the some of us weren't feeling completely well.." what he actually meant was "Steve Lavigne and Jim Lawson were feeling a little bit like how Casey Jones is feeling in the most recent issue of TMNT vol 4..."

    Must say, I am curious to hear Eric's special joke. Do you care (or dare) to elaborate? It sounds fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a bike. the wife says I have to wait until the kids are out of college and I am retired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joke was this...the aforementioned subject was brought up (not sure why) and Eric told us that he had heard that it was hereditary, that it was passed down from your family. Then he said, "Yeah, it runs in your genes."

    Get it?

    We just about pissed ourselves laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get it, and I like it.

    Just told it to my sister and she thought it a rather good joke too. I started it off with "Oh, this was this story on the news this morning..."

    ReplyDelete