Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Leo Stoned?


Well, maybe- and it's not from some of Splinter's special tea. I'll explain.

I have this friend, Lynne. This Leo drawing is for her, or more accurately, her sister Marianne. As I understand it, Marianne's son is a Turtle fan and works at a place- I'm not sure if it's a quarry or a company that creates the actual monuments but anyways, at this place, I guess they have some kind of machine that can take images and can transfer them onto the surface of the headstone. This Leo was done expressly for that purpose- to be transferred on and etched into a marble tile. I'll let you know how it turns out.

As a note: Last year, I had a notion to try to do some etchings on marble. Lynne was great in hooking me up with two little 6 by 6 black marble tiles, and after locating a pencil that could actually draw on these things, I was in business. And that was as far as I got. A few weeks ago, I actually couldn't even remember where I stashed the tiles but I stumbled across them recently in the garage. Maybe now that I've blogged about it, that will be the incentive to actually get it done.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -->> ..your angular style and ' depth ' within the inks serves this purpose well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jim, That could turn out to be realy cool. I've tried ething the TMNT on old mirrors before, but on Marble?!? THAT would be realy cool.
    I hope you share them with us when you finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty cool. Let us know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very cool. I'd like to see Leo get stoned. :)

    Etching in marble sounds difficult. The closest experience I have to that is playing with my Etch-A-Sketch back in the day. Never could get that darn thing to draw curves correctly. I hope you get the chance to work on your original etchings, Jim. I'd love to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool idea. I'm looking forward to seeing the result (if you don't post something in a couple of weeks, I'll just assume it didn't come out well and you were too embarrassed to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wait a second Jim...is this going on someone's headstone?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No- this is more or less just going to be a test....

    ReplyDelete