Monday, March 9, 2009

NDIB- Page 24


I haven't had much to blog about lately- I'm still pencilling away on Dan's Tales issue, NOBODY DOES IT BETTER. I just finished page 24 this morning so I'm getting near the end and should be able to finish it this week.
I always hesitate posting pencils for issues that are upcoming as I feel like I'm revealing something that I shouldn't. On my own stuff, I don't mind so much but on other people's stories I don't know if it bugs them that I might be giving some critical part of the plot away. Hopefully not.

On another matter, I posted new, better art for the PALEO color trials that Steve and I did (see previous post). Stupidly, I didn't realize that all I needed to do to post the color pages after converting them from CMYK to RGB in Photoshop.

11 comments:

  1. It looks pretty cool. When is this issue do out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. -->> Looks like CRAP ..

    DO IT AGAIN !! !!



    ..i'm kidding .. i'm kidding.. .

    But Nobody's dead !! !!


    HOW - - - - ** ?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NDIB is going to be Tales 60- due out in July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always amazed at how much penciled "inking" you do before hand. Do you include this to help you and/or Eric with the inking?

    The Paleo pages look great! A great improvement since the CMYK versions. I can't wait to see the new books! It would be great to see the others in color now that I see these.

    I also wanted to thank you for the nice comments you left on my blog. I really do appreciate it. I think I have learned more while being a teacher than I did as a student. As a student it's easy to let things go and to get lazy but as a teacher I have to keep refining and pushing myself or my students will ridicule me. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, great page! I love those single panel pages, and this one has great perspective and composition. This reminds me of the cover for vol 4 issue 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!
    Jim, can you let me know the size of the paper you use to draw, please?
    Is it 11" X 17"?
    Artist, as far I know, use different sizes.
    Cheers!
    Nacho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments everyone.
    Nacho- As for your question, I work smaller than what I guess most comic artists would consider normal. The size of the actual art is 8 1/2 by 13.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool. Nice work Jim.
    Last we saw the Nobody uniform on a person, it turned out to be April...I can't wait to see who this turns out to be..

    ReplyDelete